This interactive one-day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to recognise when TUPE applies and how you can manage an efficient and effective transfer in a sensitive way. We will start the day by looking at the legal framework and in detail at which employees transfer and what transfers with them. We will consider the practical implications TUPE has on a business during and following a transfer and explore the communication and consultation necessary to ensure a smooth transition.
By the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
• Describe the legal framework provided by TUPE set out the practical implications for employers and affected employees
• Identify the key milestones involved in a transfer of service to which TUPE applies
• Show an understanding of the requirements for informing and consulting
• Plan for the management of a project by identifying the key milestones, risks and stakeholders
Who should attend?
HR practitioners responsible for employment issues within their organisation.
The Business Case for TUPE
– When does TUPE apply?
The Legal Framework
– What TUPE is looking to achieve and why
– The obligations of the transferor and transferee
– Information and consultation
– Who and what transfers
– When changes are needed
– Roles, number of people locations
– Completing and supplying due diligence
– The potential to negotiate
– Indemnities and warranties
– Transitioning towards the transfer date…what to consider
– Future planning – exiting from the contract
– Walking in the transferring employees’ shoes
– Engaging with the employees
– Going through the change curve
– What will they want to know?
– The need to consult?
– Timeframes, when and how it applies
– Sharing information
– The role of the employee representative in TUPE
– What should the employee expect?
– Communicating ‘measures’
– When employees don’t want to transfer
– When employees think something different applies to them
– Other stakeholders
Getting it Wrong
– Common mistakes
– The costs of getting wrong
Cost and Booking Information
Each course in our ‘Managing Change’ series is £350 plus VAT/delegate including lunch. Discounts apply if more than one course is booked per delegate. Please click the ‘book now’ button above, and provide details of which course(s) and dates you would like to attend.
We’re also running this event on 15th May 2019, you can view the information and book here.
If you would like more information regarding our courses prior to booking, please contact email@example.com