This workshop will make sense of the legal complexities of managing a redundancy. We will look at the legal framework relating to collective and individual consultation, selection pools, selection criteria and the termination process from the perspective of making the law work for us, rather than let it dictate what we do. We will examine how the law plays its part in an effective, well run and sensitively-handled change programme.
By the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
• State what an acceptable business case for redundancy may be
• Work within the legal framework to achieve a fair process ensuring selection follows a rational approach
• Consult in a timely, effective manner at both collective and individual stages of the consultation process
• Follow the correct termination process ensuring payments and notice periods are accurate
Who should attend?
HR practitioners responsible for employment issues within their organisation.
The Business Case for Redundancy
– The business case, why is this necessary?
– Operational / economic
– Considering alternative options
The Legal Framework
– Achieving a fair redundancy dismissal
– Completing the paperwork
The Selection Process
– Who is at risk?
– The ‘pool’
– Selection criteria and building a selection matrix
– Finding suitable alternative employment
– What is suitable?
The Consultation Process
– The duty to inform and consult
– Timeframes, when and how it applies
– Collective consultation
– The role of the employee representative in redundancy
– Individual consultation
– When, where, how and by whom
The Termination Process
– Duty of care and support
– Notice periods
Getting it Wrong
– Common mistakes
– The costs of getting wrong
Cost and Booking Information
This one day course is £300 plus VAT/delegate including lunch. If you book before the end of March 2019, you will receive a 20% earlybird discount.
We are also running courses on Managing TUPE Transfers and Planning a Change to Terms of Employment, we do offer discounts for multiple bookings, so please give us a call if you are interested in booking more than one course.
Event Contact Details
If you would like more information regarding our courses prior to booking, please contact email@example.com