This course will take a step by step approach to determining your plan to change terms and conditions of employment. We will start by exploring the business case for change, think about who needs to be involved and how we should engage with them. We will answer the question ‘Does your change require a change to the contract at all?’ and if so what this looks like and how do we manage risks. We will weigh up the options for achieving the change, from exercising flexibility in a contract, to seeking agreement, to consulting to dismiss and re-engage.
By the end of this workshop delegates will be able to:
• Articulate the need for change, what and who is involved and how individuals will be affected
• Work within the legal framework and summarise what changes to the contract would be required in a series of situations
• Draft terms that are fit for purpose
• Consult in a timely, effective manner at both collective and individual stages of the consultation process
Who should attend?
HR practitioners responsible for employment issues within their organisation.
The Business Case for Change
– Why is there a need for change?
– Identifying what and who will be involved in the change
– Stakeholder engagement
– The change curve
The Legal Framework
– Does the change require a change to the contract?
– What does and what does not?
– Constructing plans
– Mitigating risks
– Common mistakes
– The costs of getting it wrong
Changing Terms and Conditions
– Drafting new terms
– Who to involve
– Imposing changes
– Dismissal and re-engagement
– Flexibility / mobility clause
– Breach of contract
The Consultation Process
– The duty to inform and consult
– Timeframes, when and how it applies
– Collective consultation
– The role of the employee representative in changes to Terms
– Individual consultation
– When, where, how and by whom
Cost and Booking Information
Each course in our ‘Managing Change’ series is £350 plus VAT/delegate including lunch. Discounts apply if more than one course is booked per delegate. Please click the ‘book now’ button above, and provide details of which course(s) and dates you would like to attend.
We’re also running this event on 10th April 2019, you can view the information and book here.
If you would like more information regarding our courses prior to booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org