Welcome to the latest edition of our employment law update. This month, we’re looking at the light at the end of the Covid-19 tunnel!
How to Bring Furlough Leave to an End
We have been working hard on guidance notes and advice videos which answer your questions on returning employees that have been placed on Furlough Leave.
Our newest advice added this month includes:
- A note on how to make changes to working arrangements
- The employment law implications of the winding down of the CJRS
- 2x templates: Notice to end furlough leave when there is no change in shifts and notice to end furlough leave when there is a change in shift pattern
- Guidance on how you should be planning to end your furloughed employees leave, if you aren’t quite at that stage yet.
You can access all of this for free via our Coronavirus Advice hub.
Planning a Phased Return from Furlough: Q&A
You asked, we answered! In these two videos the Vista team answer your top questions on ending furlough leave and planning a phased return. Over to Vicky, Claire, Tim and Stephen!
**Top tip: use the ‘chapter markers’ on each video (bottom right corner next to the ⚙️ icon) to navigate to the specific questions you want to hear.
Managing the Day to Day: Q&A
If you are looking for some guidance on the day to day issues that are arising, look no further than our next video. In it we discuss:
- Consulting for H&S purposes
- Face masks and face coverings
- Encouraging staff to take annual leave
- Refusals to return to work
- Employees wanting to come in to work, rather than working from home
- Self-isolating after already returning to work
Managing Employees with Health and Safety Concerns
As we start the conversation about returning to work, how can we best manage employees concerns about health and safety?
We got together with Vicky and Abayomi to talk through the legal framework, how to manage these difficult conversations from the get go and, if needed, how to manage the formal process when despite everything an employee still doesn’t feel it is safe to return to work.
In the rest of this months update, we share an elearning course which gives you a useful technique for managing these difficult conversations, as well as the interesting TUPE case of Ferguson v Astrea Asset Management Limited.
You can sign up to receive our monthly updates below. See you next month!