We are committed to providing clear and concise advice at a fair price. Our fees are charged at hourly rates based on time spent. Once we have an understanding of your case, we can provide you with a free estimate of our fees.
Hourly Rates for Employment Cases
While the hourly rates of our Employment & HR team members may vary depending on their experience and expertise, the following are typical hourly charge out rates (subject to VAT):
|Senior Employment Lawyer||£200 – £250|
|Employment Lawyer||£180 – £225|
|Trainee||£150 – £180|
|Paralegals and other non-qualified staff||£100 – £150|
|HR Consultant||£130 – £150|
A standard employment tribunal claim:
- Unfair dismissal claims resulting in a listing of a 1-day hearing;
- Unlawful discrimination claims resulting in a listing of 1 or 2 days hearing;
- Constructive unfair dismissal claims resulting in a listing of a 1-day hearing;
- Breach of contract claims, unlawful deduction from wages claims, working time etc. resulting in a listing of a 1-day hearing;
will typically cost £5,000 to £15,000.
A complex claim:
- involving collective consultation issues (s188 TULRA related claims, TUPE protective award claims etc.); and or
- where a Trade Union is a party to proceedings; and or
- Unfair dismissal cases which are evidentially and/or legally complex resulting in the likely listing of a hearing of 2 days or more; and or
- Complex discrimination likely to be listed for a hearing of 3 days or more; and or
- Consolidated claims involving multiple Claimants.
will typically cost £10,000 – £30,000.
Fixed or Capped Fees
Our retained clients benefit from our Fixed Price Menu for Tribunal Claims. A fixed monthly/annual retainer also gives you access to our team to reduce the likelihood of a claim being brought against you.
VAT & Disbursements
Our fees and some out-of-pocket expenses are subject to VAT at 20%. Out-of-pocket expenses are charges that we pay to third parties on your behalf. The amount of out-of-pocket expenses will vary depending on the specific circumstances of your case. We will be able to provide you with an accurate estimate once we have more information from you.
Contact us to find out how we can support your business.